We have kids services for optical and dental at Peoplecare Eyes & Teeth
We get that the dentist isn’t a kid’s favourite person, so we go out of our way to make trips to the dentist as fun as possible.
- Kids Days (with a real, live tooth fairy)
- iPads to play with
- Certificates and activities
Peoplecare Eyes & Teeth’s Kids Day
Stay tuned for details on our next Kids Day!
In the meantime, give us a buzz on 1300 574 778 or visit our booking page to book your little one’s gap-free* dental and optical check-ups.
Remember, you don’t need to be a Peoplecare member to attend or book an appointment! All health funds and kids under the child dental benefit schedule are welcome.
* The boring but necessary fine print: Terms & Conditions apply. See https://www.peoplecareeyesandteeth.com.au/no-gap/ for more details
Have you heard about the Child Dental Benefit Schedule?
It’s a federally funded dental scheme that started on 1 January 2014 to replace the Medicare Teen Voucher Scheme.
Yep! All our dentists are eligible providers and great at making a trip to the dentist fun and worry-free.
Eligibility is assessed by the Department of Human Services. Someone might be eligible for up to $1,000 every 2 years for each child if they:
- are between 2 & 17 years old
- receive a relevant Government payment at any point in the calendar year
To check eligibility, simply call Medicare on 132 011.
Please keep in mind that eligibility needs to be checked before we can give treatment under the CDBS.
A benefit of up to $1,000 over 2 years is available to eligible patients. The 2 years starts on the date that the first service is claimed, and ends on 31 December the following calendar year.
The whole $1,000 can be used in the first year if it’s needed. If any of the benefit is left over after the first year, another assessment will need to be done in the second year to make sure they’re still eligible.
The CDBS is bulk billed.
You’ll need to fill in consent form at the first visit, which will cover all services of the treatment plan during that calendar year. We’ll need a new consent form for each year that the child is eligible for the Scheme.
- Diagnostic & preventative services (exam, x-rays, clean, fluoride, etc)
- Restorative services (fillings)
- Endodontics (pulp & root canal extractions)
- Oral surgery (extractions, surgical extractions)